Friday, July 20, 2007

It is done

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step." MLK Jr
I took that first step - scary at this stage in my career, but it was something that I couldn't put off. I had done everything I could for everyone else in the company, and now I needed to take care of me. And strange as that may seem - that meant jumping off that bridge and leaping headfirst into the great unknown. Now, I'm not sure that I'm really all that afraid. I have - up to this point - always landed on my feet. Even when the odds were stacked against me. This time - I'm going out the door with a wealth of experience and good will from colleagues. Something will come. When one door closes, another opens. I do believe that. And I believe that my work is far from finished. But I do need a break. So, once I finish up all the loose ends - I will have that break. At long last.
"Take the first step in faith."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home