Thursday, June 14, 2007

It seems like a lifetime ago

since last I blogged. Jan 2006 - unbelieveable! What strikes me most is that I seemed to have time to think - to ponder - to almost breathe then. Now, it seems I have no life other than trying to hold all the fragile pieces of my life together with gum and sticky notes. How is it possible that time can pass that quickly? That I apparently have no outstanding memories of what went on in that time? Old age . . . it's still a bit early for that. Perhaps it's just the mind protecting itself and the emotional health - blocking out vast chunks of time when things were - well - not going so great. not that now is any better. The only difference is I have a moment to think today. Not much of a moment - but a brief little flutter of time in the midst of incredible rushing around like a crazy person trying to catch up - always trying to catch up.
It's an impossible task of course - catching up - it's like the laundry - it's never really done because of course while you are washing and drying and folding and sorting and putting it all away - you're wearing clothes - using towels - making MORE dirty laundry! Catching up is the same - you never really reach that point. I'm guessing that I may still be trying to catch up with something right up to the minute I breathe my last.
Sigh. . . and so it goes. Just a string of random thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home